4.15.2011

Cherry Blossoms 04/14

As you know, I have been reading Angie Smith's I Will Carry You, and there is a chapter about Cherry Blossoms. They just so happen to be my favorite tree next palm trees, and i wanted them more than anything for the cetnerpieces at my wedding. I had the florist call everyone everywhere across the world. I started planning the wedding theme around the cherry blossom cetnerpieces. At the time, that was the most important aspect of the wedding planning and the vision I could not let go of. Unfortunatly, it's bloom peaks in the spring months, and my wedding was in late August.
The chapter talks about the cherry blossom and its important meaning. Part of the beauty of the cherry blossom, is its immacualte bloom. Once it blooms, beauty is all around, and shortly later, its gone. All that's left is the pieces, showing as visible reminders of the beauty that was once there, in full bloom. It's life is short, yet brings so much beauty.
According to Flower Expert Online, the original name is the Yoshino Cherry and its defininition stunned Angie Smith as well as myself:
The Japanese Cherry starts flowering profusely from the first warmer days of April, heralding the coming of spring. The intense beauty and short survival span have associated cherry blossoms with spiritual and philosophical ideas (such as the beauty and fragility of human life).
The cherry blossom that I have always loved, now holds an even dearer spot in my heart. My sweet Lyla is just like the Cherry Blossom. She is with us and bringing so much beauty, yet she will only be here a short time. I hope to be able to plant a cherry blossom tree one day when we have a house...to plant hope and life in a season of loss.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! So beautiful. Planting a cherry blossom tree in Lyla's memory will be so nice.

    ReplyDelete