3.18.2011

Carrying to Term 03/12

We met with our genetic counselor to discuss what we do next and what to expect. She said we had the option to either terminate now and not delay the inevitable, or we could carry on with the pregnancy and let nature take its course. Of course, we are going to carry her as long as she needs us to. God is the ultimate physician and we aren't giving up until we get a final diagnosis from Him. After all, our little girl is still fighting, and we're not giving up on her. The counselor told us that we'll be monitored more frequently than in a normal pregnancy and we'll just keep an eye on her. Theres a more than likely chance that she will pass while still in utero. If that's the case, they will induce when they find that news out and we will give birth to our sleeping angel. If she does make it to term and she is born alive, we'll most likely get anywhere from a couple minutes to a few hours with her. There have been a couple instances where a Triploidy baby has actually made it multiple weeks, even months and was able to go home, which we are praying for! Anytime with her would be a blessing. There was one case of a little boy who made it to 10 months, but he was also on a ventilator and being kept alive, which we already decided we would not do. That seems more like torture to me!

So at this point it seems to be the waiting game. We're going to enjoy Lyla as much as we can while she's here with us and wait for God to take her home. It is all in His hands and I fully trust Him and will follow Him where we are going. God is good!
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
Psalm 139:13-15 

No comments:

Post a Comment