3.18.2011

Abnormal Blood Work 03/07

Monday, the day before our target ultrasound, I get a call from my doctors office with my blood work results. I had read that in most IUGR cases, the bloodwork is always elevated in some area, because of the likely bad placenta. So it was no surprise that she told me it was elevated in a certain area. She then said I was at 1:2 odds for Trisomy 18. Those odds are horrible. I did start to breakdown about it because that was a completely new thing to consider. That night I researched it and found out its fatal and that it is incompatible with life. Most babies show deformities and many of the markers are visible through an ultrasound. The markers we were looking for were things like : clenched hands, club feet, cleft lip/palate, multiple heart defects, cysts in the brain, abnormal kidneys and excess amniotic fluid. 
So that night our prayers consisted of praying it was an IUGR case and that's all. That they won't see any markers whatsoever and that if we do an amnio, it will come back normal.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura: I just heard today from your dad that little Lyla beat you to the Father. What a blessing for Lyla. Just think, she gets to sit on Jesus' lap before you do. But, grandpa Rocco will most likely see her also before you do when our Father calls him home. He will watch over her as he did you and your sister. You cry girl. Your momma and papa have been. God gave us tears so we could cry. Lyla will be there to welcome her family when it is their time. Papa God, wrap your arms around Lyla's momma and papa so they know of your compassion for their temporary separation from their sweet Lyla. ...Faye Linton

    ReplyDelete